Monday 27 February 2012

Half Marathon Week...wow that came up fast

Okay, it is race week. The Chilly Half Marathon is Sunday (downtown Burlington if anyone would like to come out and freeze) and while I should feel great I am totally getting nervous.

As for the training, all is going well except for the feeling of a truck running me over last week knocking me out for 2 days. I only missed one run but it certainly shortened my Sunday long run. This is called tapering I know but I was not planning on tapering as my end goal is still Around the Bay. I know I also mentioned it but it bothered me more that I missed a 40th b-day party than the one speed work run. I have also been spending a bunch of time on the physio table (see picture that Kloe took). My knee/leg/IT Band - well my entire right leg is finally feeling better but not 100%. I will rest in April until it is better (I have said that before).

I have finished long runs of 25km, 22km, 22km, 19km, 18km in the last 5 weeks - including four on the ATB course and the North Shore hills. My Tuesday runs are around 12km, Wednesday is a 30minute jog, Thursdays have been either hills or speed so I feel I am on schedule for both races but you never know what will happen until I hit the race courses. The other unknown is the weather - they are calling for 45km winds on Sunday. Did I mention I hate winds?

Anyways...here goes the craziest month for me. I just keep telling myself four weeks until the bacon cheeseburger, fries (with GRAVY), and a pound of wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment